SEOPress is a WordPress SEO plugin. It is lightweight with lots of features and has to compete against some very well established names like Yoast, The SEO Framework and All in One SEO Pack. So how does it compare to the competition? Does it deliver the results we want from an SEO plugin?
It involves using the correct tags, optimizing an article or image with certain keywords and a lot of things that could be debated in-between. Fact is, SEO is here to stay, and it will only get more important as the web grows and becomes more available.
One of WordPress’s biggest drawbacks is the lack of SEO out of the box. WordPress does not come with great SEO options built in and so most people need to choose a plugin that works for their budget or wallet. Not surprising the top SEO plugin is Yoast which gets most plugin installs from new websites.
If you’ve been around the web for a while, you may know SEOPress’ creator Benjamin Denis. Benjamin Denis not only created SEOPress, but he’s the creator of WPCloudy and WP Admin UI as well.
- Ease of use – It takes minutes to install and set up and you can be making improvements straight away.
- Fully featured – The free plugin has everything you need while the Pro version just adds to the goodness.
- Lots of Google Tools – the inclusion of Analytics, Knowledge Graph and Local all make this plugin shine
- Price – The plugin is free while the Pro version is just $39 a year.
- New developer on the scene – It’s a very minor downside but the developer is largely unknown – will elaborate on this below.
- Learning curve – This is another very minor downside and one all SEO plugins have.