Bluehost is a web hosting company founded by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah. They have a staff of 750 people working around the clock. Being the #1 recommended hosting by WordPress.org, they feature 1-Click installations in all their plans.
Bluehost isn’t solely for beginners. They are staunch supporters of the Open Source community and they provide advanced developer tools like SSH Access, FTP, and a fully-customized Linux kernel.
- Free domain and SSL certificate
- Managed WordPress hosting
- E-commerce plans and convenient marketing services for small businesses
- Doesn’t offer reseller hosting plans
- Offers regular backups, but they’re not guaranteed. Customers are advised to make their own backups
- Easy-to-use, customized cPanel
- Dozens of site tool add-ons
- Free site builders
- 100+ email addresses
- 99.99% uptime
- Technology to support fast page load times
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans for all budgets and sizes. This includes shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server, cloud hosting, WooCommerce hosting, WordPress hosting, and more.
However, if you were to go check out the starting prices, you’ll notice the lowest advertised price is $3.95/month. That’s a pretty good deal considering they’ve supposedly reduced it already from $7.99/month originally.